Start your summer off on the right track with Morning Flow, an early morning yoga practice that invigorates the body and calms the mind. It’s true! Waking up is hard to do! But so worth it when you start your day in a way that honors your life, your body, your mind, your spirit and your health. When you make taking care of yourself a priority first thing, you’re better able to give of yourself with family, friends and coworkers. A morning yoga practice offers many tangible benefits:
- Prana, or the cosmic life force that is manifest in the universe, is strongest in the morning and, as Prana is believed to originate with the sun, is especially potent on summer mornings in particular. At this time, the earth and all of its living creatures (that’s you!) absorb the largest quantity and most powerful positive energy.
- Mindful breathing (Pranayama) and meditation create a clear, calm mind that is more productive, confident and conscientious throughout the day which means interactions are more harmonious and more things get accomplished because effort is focused.
- Yoga poses both stretch and strengthen, so you start your day with a increased joint flexibility and muscular fortitude, making your body feel more alive and full of energy.
- Yoga stimulates the endocrine system, which is responsible for regulating hormones and sleep rhythms so the more you do it, the more often you will rise in the morning feeling revitalized and alert.
- A heart-pumping, sweat-inducing practice like Morning Flow increases your metabolism, which means you burn calories faster and improve your digestion by helping nutrients to move through your body effectively and efficiently.
- Deep breathing oxygenates the blood, increasing blood flow, organ function and sense of vitality; you might even be able to skip that cup of morning joe!
Set your alarm & your intention to be the best you can be this summer!
Heather’s class schedule:
Mondays: 6:00-7:15 p.m. Vinyasa Flow at 855 N Failing St
Tuesdays: 7:30-8:30 a.m. Morning Flow at 855 N Failing St
Tuesdays: 4:00-5:00pm Happy Hour Vinyasa at at 855 N Failing St
Thursdays: 4:00-5:00pm Happy Hour Vinyasa at at 855 N Failing St